Manager, Software Engineering - League, Client
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. Engineering Managers at Riot serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management and growth opportunities.
As an Engineering Manager on the League Client Team, you’ll report to the team's Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles. You will guide the team's engineers to make the League Client more performant, improve development workflow efficiency, and reduce application complexity. You'll build and monitor health metrics to be used to increase client stability and reliability. The League of Legends client uses the Chromium Embedded Framework to render major components of the League experience like Champion Select, Player Profile and Collections, Queue Selection, and Lobbies. You can read more about the architecture here and our current projects here.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers
- Support your team by working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads
- Help with design, code, and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team
- Ensure what we are building is serving our customers’ long-term goals
- Design your team makeup, and hire so that it has the skills needed for your goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working in an engineering leadership position on a team shipping customer-facing software
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software with C++
- Experience developing large-scale, modular desktop applications
- Experience building test automation
- Expert knowledge of EmberJS or other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
- Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
- Affinity for UI/UX and experience collaborating with artists and visual designers
- Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, CSS preprocessors
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).