Manager, International Tax
The Global Tax team at Riot is dedicated to helping Riot best serve its global Players by unlocking our Global Rioters and maintaining good corporate citizenship in all things tax. Our team contains experts from a variety of tax backgrounds with a shared goal of providing Riot leaders with perspective on what makes a good tax decision. Tax can be strategic at Riot, but avoids bureaucratic barriers. The team strives to assist innovation by clearing the path, with integrity, so new experiences can reach our Players. The global tax team sits in 3 countries and each team member brings unique skills to Riot.
Riot Games is looking for a dynamic Tax Professional to join our expanding global Tax team. As Manager, International Tax, reporting to the Director, International Tax, you will help develop tax models, deepening automation, managing elements of tax compliance, assisting with provisions (monthly, quarterly, and yearly), researching and documenting tax positions, and working with advisors and other teams across Riot. If you have tax technical skills, know how to make spreadsheets (can perform complex functions) sing and dance, and enjoy looking for new ways to improve, this role might be for you.
- Create excel (can perform complex functions) models for international tax planning including certain transfer pricing models
- Compute and oversee different international tax computations, such as intercompany allocations
- Research, document, and understand new international tax legislation and the related impact to Riot
- Manage international tax compliance workpaper preparation and working with the external tax preparer to create tax filings
- Prepare and maintain the appropriate level of documentation to support Country-by-Country, Master File and any other relevant annual transfer pricing reporting and documentation
- Oversee the filing process for certain indirect tax returns and payments
- Work with groups in legal, accounting, insights, finance, purchasing, esports, R&D, and et. al. on variety of recurring and nonrecurring projects
- Support the tax provision process in collaboration with the Director, International Tax and the Director, Federal Tax
- Support any information requests and tax controversy analysis in collaboration with the Director, International Tax and the Director, Federal Tax
- 5+ years of Tax experience (at least 2 years in International Tax) at either public accounting firm or in-house tax departments
- Excellent research experience
- Experience working with domestic or international teams
- BA in finance, accounting, legal or other related field
- CPA, Masters in Tax or JD
- Technical writing skills
- Excel (can perform complex functions) or database skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.