Manager, Esports Content Production
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Manager, Esports Content Production, you will create narratives and tell stories about our esports competitions across Southeast Asia. You will build a team of content creators and editors to create text and video content to inspire and excite our fans across SEA. This role will report directly to the Head of SEA Esports and create content to be distributed across Riot’s marketing channels and those of our partners.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees the Southeast Asia region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Create narratives and storylines to excite and delight our esports fans
- Build and manage a team of content creators in order to create content for our broadcasts and marketing channels
- Manage the P&L and Financials for Content Creation efforts
- Understand local market nuances across SEA and integrate emergent opportunities into our broadcast and marketing efforts
- Develop strong relationships with our partners to promote their content and get their input in creating and distributing our own
- Degree in Sports, Marketing or Journalism, or equivalent degree with relevance to the role
- 5+ years of experience in senior positions in esports content creation or journalism
- Strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and pro-team business
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in English.
- Additional languages beyond English are a bonus, but not required
- Extensive experience as a Esports Marketer or Content Creator
- Experience in setting up RFPs and tender processes
- Comprehensive understanding of the players in the gaming, esports, technology and entertainment verticals
- Command of a relevant language preferred but not required (Mandarin, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa Malay/Indonesian)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Covered phone bills
- Daily food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.