Manager, Art Outsourcing - VALORANT
As a Manager, Art Outsourcing, you will help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure sustainable production without compromising quality. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will strive to make the outsourcing experience truly world-class and engaging for all parties involved.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter. As a Manager, Art Outsourcing on the VALORANT team, you will play a key part in managing the work and relationship with multiple art vendors. You will use both your extraordinary interpersonal and relationship skills to cultivate positive working relationships with our vendors. You’ll have a rare opportunity to travel to various places around the world to work with extraordinary talent.
- Learn the different internal team quality bars, processes and adapt outsourcing best practices for smooth integration.
- You will handle the workflow of all outsourced tasks. This will include organizing and leading all daily rituals, gathering all submissions by vendors, and presenting those submissions to the team for feedback. Once feedback is gathered you will clean it up and deliver it back to the vendors in a clear and understandable way.
- Vendors will be onboarded according to Riot’s best practices with respect to vendor certification, engine setup, invoicing.
- Align with Content Area Producer on strategic priorities and best execution of outsourcing engagements.
- You will leverage your art background in fixing issues, ensuring consistent quality across outsourced content and providing asset and integration support as necessary.
- Partner with Art lead/s to understand and internalize their team’s art style and requirements, eventually being able to guide vendors and outsource supervisors on meeting those requirements autonomously.
- You will provide clear feedback and support with the intention to grow and develop vendor capabilities during continued engagements. Showing not just the what, but also the why in the feedback. Vendors improve over time and achieve autonomy, requiring less feedback to hit our quality targets.
- You will establish healthy working agreements with artists and art leads to align on requirements for communication, interaction, education and feedback to develop the ability to direct external efforts.
- If we need to engage new vendors, you will make initial contact with those new vendors and set up art trials. Vendors will have proper documentation, kick offs and guidance throughout engagements with a clear understanding of expectations.
- We'd like you to make sure our art assets to be clean, organized and defined correctly so we can access them easily.
- Partner with Content Area Producer and Art Leads on internal team education on outsourcing best practices, benefits of external development and build advocacy and support for expansion of project-wide outsourcing.
- Build and foster mutually respectful relationships and work culture between internal and external teams for long term engagement.
- 3+ years of professional experience handling several art vendors concurrently, or professional experience working with multiple partners.
- Partner with technical staff, artists, and business leaders
- Professional experience working on asset management and maintaining asset pipelines
- 2+ years of professional experience in the games industry
- Professional experience creating and integrating art in a production environment
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).