Legal Counsel II, SEA
The Legal team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for the company” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners, must always be done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Legal Counsel II, SEA, you will report to the Head of Legal, China and SEA, and you will work with Rioters and teams across Southeast Asia.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, sponsorship, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements
- You will work with the IP team in LA and the publishers in the SEA regions to tackle any trademark, copyright and patent infringement
- You will manage employment related legal issues
- You will manage local corporate governance and company secretarial matters for all Riot entities in SEA
- You will research and advice on different legal topics across multiple departments and offices
- You have a law degree from a top-tier law school and are admitted to the Singapore Bar; overseas legal education or work experience is an advantage
- You have at least three years of PQE from top-tier law firms and are comfortable working on multiple commercial contracts, employment law issues, corporate governance matters, (e)sports legal questions, tech licensing agreements, etc
- You have the adaptive capacity to practice law in the fast changing world of games and esports
- You are fully bilingual; you can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in English and Chinese
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit and good self-discipline; being a dedicated fan of games is desired but not required for this position.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Covered phone bills
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits