(Closed) Legal Counsel
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
The Riot Legal Team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for Riot” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners is always done with our players’ interests in mind.
As International Legal Counsel in Dublin you will report into the Head of Legal EMEA, you will work with Rioters and teams across the EMEA region.
- You will draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, licensing and publishing agreements and our IT/IP arrangements.
- You will manage employment related legal issues across our EMEA operations.
- You will manage local corporate governance and company secretarial matters for our European offices.
- You will research different risk factors regarding decisions and operations.
- You will provide clarification on legal language or requirements to relevant EMEA parties.
- You will advise and report to legal leadership, charting the course for big projects and long-term tactics.
- You have a law degree from a top-tier school and are authorized to practice law in a European jurisdiction.
- You have at least five years of transactional contract experience and are comfortable working on multiple commercial contracts, employment law issues, corporate governance matters, (e)sports legal questions, tech licensing agreements, etc.
- You will help define Riot's overall strategy in EMEA.
- You will be an expert providing legal advice across multiple departments and offices.
- You converse in English and another European language; you can draft, review, and negotiate legal contracts and complex legal concepts in English.
- Previous experience working in games, tech, corporate or entertainment industry experience is a plus.
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!