Language Lead (Vietnamese)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Language Lead, your job is to improve our content localization process and identify ways for it to grow and meet the expectations of players. You believe that authentic localization brings clarity to gameplay and enriches the player experience. You'll reject cheap localization tactics and push to do things right, like finding the right language and tone that resonate with local players. You'll meet high expectations for international content, promote localization transparency throughout Riot to encourage more involvement, and evolve practices on a global scale to increase efficiency.
- Monitor the ongoing quality of localization delivered through vendors:
- Track indicators to establish trends and act on them
- Communicate daily with external resources to ensure full context
- Establish a solid cross-office partnership with operations team to load balance workload
- Provide guidelines to vendors and operations. Answer questions to ensure linguistic consistency across all content types
- Be the local Expert and primary point of contact for local Publishing and Esports teams
- Answer questions to ensure local teams create culturally-resonant campaigns
- Establish a quality bar for the language:
- Ensure that each Riot product has a local voice and standards through the creation of relevant documentation such as style guides
- Make sure that the established standards are met
- Provide feedback to Central teams with regards to cultural nuance and localization:
- Answer requests from Central teams to provide context around local specifics and culture
- Support product internationalization by engaging with Localization Production and raise visibility and assess risks
- Full proficiency in English
- Full proficiency in Vietnamese
- Experience with online game localization
- Experience with bug tracking/project management software like Jira
- Experience with game string management databases and tools
- Project management and coordination of processes
- Can effectively communicate across cultural, distance, and language barriers
- Strives under pressure, solution-oriented with the ability to identify gaps and propose a plan of action
- Proactive problem solver. Can navigate ambiguous situations to create the best outcome for players
- Experience with managing a MemoQ server for translators is a plus
- League of Legends, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift or Legends of Runeterra gamer.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, and AD&D
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Monthly phone bill allowance
- Monthly food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.