Insight Analyst, China Strategy Advisory
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Insight Analyst on the China Strategic Advisory team, you’ll join a dedicated team committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming. Specifically, you will take care of strategy and insights initiatives for CN Regional and support to ensure the whole office is equipped with decision-making support. You’ll identify areas where strategy and insights can help improve outcomes and be more player-informed.
The role would focus on the team agenda while taking into account the central product road map, CN's goals, publishing plans, and developing the team’s analytics ability. The role would also grow the team to support the future vision of CN and may include the tracking/measuring of content measurements, creating a holistic analysis and attribution platform and creating relevant dashboards for the leadership team.
- Business Intelligence:
- Data collaboration with Tencent and Central to help align data logic, data pipeline, reporting metrics, etc., in order to acquire aligned data to serve biz intelligence work
- Establish and maintain the data warehouse with integrated data from all pillars, to support the cross-game/cross-pillar analysis and insights
- Build and maintain daily/monthly/quarterly/yearly biz performance metric dashboards, communicate with stakeholders from different departments, and dig out insights and generate reports to serve the data needs from management team and different departments
- Support on guide biz strategy through in-depth data analysis on the performance of games, and various pillars including publishing, IP, CP, Esports etc.
- Support on collaboration with different product teams of Tencent and Central to work together on yearly game business forecast
- Market intelligence:
- Analyze complex data to build and validate hypotheses to help deeply understand game market dynamics and audience
- 3+ years of professional work experience analyzing large data-sets, visualizing information, conducting research, and informing company strategy
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline is a plus
- Strong analytical skill set capable of defining problems, and developing innovative solutions utilizing appropriate methods and frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to craft reports and presentations for non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with Tableau and SQL, Python or similar scripting language
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Graduate degree preferred or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Experience in digital media: e.g., setting up medium-complexity tests, defining and measuring essential metrics, and tracking campaign performance using first and third-party systems
- Professional experience in video games industry
- Game genre knowledge: a wide range of exposures in different game genres, with deep understanding of gameplay, monetization and campaigns
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and metagame systems (e.g. how progression though ranked ladder works) OR experience working on gameplay research within the competitive genre