Information Systems Engineer III - Technology -Client Platform Engineering
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Systems Engineers at Riot help support our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. Your specializations could include operating systems such as Linux, or Windows, or experience with infrastructure and hardware.
As a Systems Engineer on the Client Platform Engineering team, the team focuses on implementing and supporting systems to help our internal customers meet their day-to-day operational needs. We are responsible for establishing baseline infrastructure to manage a fleet of mixed endpoints. As part of our IT Infrastructure team you will partner with our IT End User Services and IT Systems Engineering teams to support the corporate environment, as well as working with multiple stakeholders on a project-to-project basis.
This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate new infrastructure and iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers.
- Architect and support ongoing automation in endpoint deployment and management
- Manage, administer, and scale our endpoint fleet and related infrastructure
- Support and manage iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows and Linux operating systems and software
- Define and manage lifecycle patch and software distribution framework
- Manage and maintain client configuration and security compliance standards across all endpoints
- Manage and maintain MDM solutions for iOS, Android, and other operating systems endpoints.
- Identify and deploy internal process and automation improvements
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT support team
- Write scripts that automate application and settings distribution
- Work with the security team to drive endpoint security models and best practices across the environment
- Support logical integrations into cloud based directories, IdPs and identity masters
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation, knowledge base articles.
- Help grow and mentor the global IT organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field
- 6+ years industry experience
- Administrative and development experience working with Active Directory, Office 365, Intune, Autopilot, SCCM, JAMF and Absolute.
- Demonstrated experience with the End User Services architecture
- Coding or scripting experience in a professional setting using languages such as, but not limited to: Python, Terraform, Ansible, Powershell
- Knowledge of networking services (DNS), routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Knowledge of MDM solutions for mobile devices and other endpoints
- System administration and imaging technology for Windows and Linux servers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill for technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to integrate automated solutions into ServiceNow ITSM platform
- Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering discipline
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).