(Closed) Illustrator - Wild Rift
As part of the Illustration team, you’ll put stylus to Cintiq and create splash art that represents the essence of a champion to millions of players. You will use your artistic eye and experience with dynamic lighting, form, and color to tell concise and evocative stories. By closely collaborating with a team of dedicated illustrators, concept artists, writers, animators and game developers, you will help define and illustrate each champion’s unique place in our universe
As an Illustrator on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will report into the Art Manager. You will collaborate with the art team to bring our universe to life by creating new Splash illustrations, breathing life back into outdated ones, and assisting the marketing team with key art. Your work will live in the League of Legends ecosystem, supporting a variety of platforms and upholding its craft quality bar.
- Execute on competent craft quality
- Participate in team rituals and deadline commitments, ensuring content delivery
- Action on feedback
- Maintain adherence to style guides
- Participate in the Illustration craft community
- Seek growth with assistance from manager and team
- Showcase ability to create high-quality 2D Splash Illustrations
- Demonstrated experience in Splash Style including stylized anatomy, heroic compositions and cinematic believability
- Proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Experience creating digital art assets in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with 2D Illustration Asset production pipelines
- Familiarity with League of Legends Characters, IP Universes and Lore
- Experience working in-house with creative teams
- Experience owning and communicating about projects and workflow
- AAA Game Development experience
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Familiarity with motion graphics pipeline
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).