Game Designer II - Teamfight Tactics
As a Game Designer, you will design and improve the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Game Designer II on Teamfight Tactics team, you’ll report directly to the Lead Designer. You’ll build the gameplay that players experience first hand. You’ll apply rigorous critical thinking and a large dose of imagination to engineer the fun of thrilling in and out-of-game experiences for projects we are collaborating on. You'll work with every tool at hand and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to design and refine player-focused solutions that'll delight millions around the world. Designers are expected to build the content and experiences that enchant players and constantly improve the game, patch after patch.
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Designer, greater design team and team leadership to always improve the game experience across many seasons of releases.
- Represent and evolve the design needs and goals for content changes to a large, multidisciplinary team.
- Add to and reconstruct TFT champions and sets as needed to provide players a best-in-genre experience.
- Determine and prototype experimental content for future TFT set releases
- Build content that is flexible enough to live on in a constantly changing environment, and captivating enough to make sure players are always excited to see it show up.
- 3+ years of experience in professional game design experience
- Can create and maintain content that is at the heart of the player experience.
- History of feature ownership in high speed development situations with numerous successes managing tradeoffs between bold goals and shipping value to players.
- Can communicate the details of complex design structures and partner with multidisciplinary teams members to deliver those elements to players.
- History of implementation skills, able to build their vision for the game and take projects across the finish line with sustainable implementation grounded in best practices.
- Can talk about the many audiences a champion serves, their place in the holistic experience of the game, and a passion for helping others bring content to life for players.
- Experience designing for the PC gaming market
- Practiced skill giving detailed mentorship and feedback to other designers on their teams.
- Deep player experience with the breadth of the auto battle genre.
- Experience bringing an abstract vision to life in the details of heroes and abilities.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).