(Closed) Finance Associate, Worldwide Publishing
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Our work ensures Riot’s offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength, speed, and intelligence -- financial and otherwise. We strive to innovate and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our team contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more.
As a Finance Associate, you will be the financial advisor to several teams in worldwide publishing group at Riot Games. You’ll use your strategic mindset and analytical wizardry to advise your teams on fiscal impact, purchasing, forecast, and better decision making. Although you are hardcore about return on investments, you’ll know when to loosen your purse strings to meet the team’s evolving needs.
- Managing and updating models and tools (P&L, variance analysis, resource allocation, etc.) to evaluate the financial and operational performance of worldwide publishing group
- Update dashboards and management reports
- Help provide senior management and leaders with analysis and information to make operational, financial and strategic decisions
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process including managing plans and forecasts for product/discipline/projects
- Perform ad hoc analysis for executives
- Help with procurement and purchasing and identifies ways to improve and refine the process
- 3+ in management consulting, investment banking, operations finance or corporate development in the gaming, tech or entertainment industries
- Financial modeling prodigy: Easily navigates three-statement financial models and equally comfortable with basic accounting concepts; easily translates high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Curious and detail-oriented: Comfortable moving between projects and facing uncertainty; can evolve when facing uncertainty, risk, and change
- Autonomous, independent-thinker: Proactively prioritizes tasks and raises red flags when signs of danger appear, and identify which teams need repairs
- Team player: Have experience successfully working with other teammates in a growing and ever-evolving organization; able to maintain a positive attitude that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on; building, leading or mentoring experience a strong plus but not required
- Motivated: Career patch chosen because love of numbers
- Equipped communicator: Easy to get along with, and partner with any personality type; crafts reports and presentations that are easily understood by non-finance teammates
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.