As Events Manager (or Manager, Esports Event Management as it's known internally), you'll oversee live esports events in Europe & MENA region. You'll lead the team providing amazing experiences at player-facing events, including the run-up to them. You'll plan and execute event strategies while finding creative solutions to challenges that come along with event management. You will work on different esports products like League of Legends, VALORANT and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Whether you're planning the next LEC Finals or international esports event such as MSI or Worlds in Europe, you'll make the tough calls that drive fan-focused events.
You will join and lead the Europe & MENA Esports Events team. You will guide and set direction across the team, navigate through opportunities, and help them to succeed on every possible occasion. You will report directly to the Head of Production.
- You will plan and manage on-site events, such as LEC Finals, global events and remote roadshows, fulfilling broadcasters, vendors, Riot community team and sponsors needs
- Guide our events strategy. Defining what good looks like and setting the bar for new opportunities in the space to engage with our fans
- Lead the Europe & MENA Esports Events team. You will oversee recruiting, onboarding, and daily management. You'll not only exemplify our cultural pillars, but you also can impart them to others
- Manage and support vendors, partners and contractors
- You have 8+ years of experience in a professional environment and at least 5 years as an event, marketing or promotion manager in sports or entertainment
- 3+ years experience managing teams. With your skill in relationship management, you inspire your team to challenge themselves to reach goals; you celebrate successes with your team, but are the first to step up and own your part when things don't go as planned
- Experience with large-scale events for thousands of attendees
- Experience managing external vendors and partners. You know how to motivate them to achieve the best results
- You have experience dealing with all sorts of situations, you maintain stability in crisis-mode, keeping everyone positive when others might become defensive or frustrated
- You know how to manage projects and how to take an idea and turn it into reality by using the resources available to you
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!