ERL (European Regional League) Lead
As Esports Lead, European Regional Leagues you will report to the ERL Commissioner and be part of the League Management Department in Berlin. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate one of the most sophisticated esports ecosystems in the world.
The European Regional Leagues (ERLs) span a competition circuit of currently 14 Leagues across Europe that are operated in collaboration with our National Partners. ERLs represent the highest tier of local country competition in European League of Legends Esports and are also the scouting grounds for next-generation talent that aspires to compete in the League of Legends European Championship (LEC) or other global professional Leagues. As part of the ERL team, your focus will be to drive the design, execution and governance of the ERLs. In collaboration with your colleagues from the LEC team, your goal is to create League of Legends Esports in Europe that offers best-in-class sports media entertainment for fans, an aspirational career opportunity for pro players, a healthy business environment for leagues and teams, and a competition that meets the highest standards of competitive integrity.
- Join a team of league operations and partner managers to collectively operate our currently 14 European Regional Leagues
- Manage partner relations with your assigned ERLs, maintain strong relationships with our partners to support the growth of their business, quality of the competition and broadcast, and governance of the league
- Be the primary POC for your assigned ERLs for any inquiries and liaise with the right stakeholders internally at Riot as necessary
- Contribute to a holistic European Esports ecosystem that ensures that professional, semi-professional, and grassroots layers of competition synergize harmoniously
- Support the execution of RFPs, track individual league performance with data-driven KPIs
- Advance the growth of your assigned ERLs as a talent development platform, sports media entertainment product, and viable businesses for Riot and our National Partners
- Manage the budget of your assigned ERLs and meet business, competition, and viewership KPIs
- Degree in Sports or Business Administration, or other equivalent degree with relevance to the role
- 3+ years of experience in esports or sports league operations, sports media entertainment, or equivalent
- Strong understanding of esports and sports industry, league and pro-team business
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in English.
- Additional languages beyond English are a bonus, but not required
- Expert market expertise in a particular market or region of Europe is preferred
- Strong experience as Esports League Operator, Esports Broadcast Producer, or in Esports Business Development
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Commuting allowance
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.