Director, Production, Live Game Operations - VALORANT
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT - click here!). As we grow into a multi-studio, multi-platform game, we need an Operations Director to manage and drive the day to day development needed to meet the demands of our live game players’ experiences.
As VALORANT Operations Director - Live Game, you’ll be part of the Live Game Product Leadership Group. You’ll lead the operations and production of the game players experience today, as well as the development of features they’ll experience in the future. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Operations, you’ll serve as a vital conduit between the Franchise and Product Leadership teams, while ensuring all levels of the team are communicating plans, progress, and team help effectively.
- Accountable for developing and executing the operational strategy of the live game team
- Hold all live game teams accountable to making and meeting commitments
- Develop accountability rituals wherein teams plan and review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
- Develop systems to ensure problems with delivery are regularly and quickly diagnosed and addressed
- Ensure internal stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on what’s going on in terms of what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going
- Understand the capabilities of the live game team and how those match to its strategies in order to plan for current work and future needs
- Drive live game leadership discussion around how to grow (headcount / vendor projections, hiring) and then allocate the workforce for the live game team
- Manage the live game Production staff, supporting them in their management of the broad span of production across the live game teams
- Ensure that conflicts within and between live game teams are resolved effectively
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between live game teams
- When applicable, ensure that co-development relationships are managed and effective
- 10+ years of production experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, etc.
- 7+ years of game development leadership experience with at least 2+ years in a leadership role shipping games (Principal / Lead Producer, Production Director, Head of Production, Operations Lead, etc.)
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Experience with various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Agile software development, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the gaming industry
- Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
- Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes
- Experience translating product vision into operating strategy an organization design
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).