(Closed) Development Manager - Information Technology
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Development Managers work together as part of the giant central nervous system that includes nearly everyone at Riot. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, growing, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
As a Development Manager on the IT team, you will report to the Senior Development Manager and lead teams that build and operate everything from the global corporate network and servers, to enabling game teams to be more productive and aware of risks while protecting the experience of our millions of players.
Within IT, we’re looking for Development Managers who have leadership, technical knowledge, curiosity, and interpersonal skills so they lead and handle all aspects of delivery throughout the development and operating lifecycle. You have experience working on teams to ensure they have a sustainable process for prioritization, planning, estimation, and development. You'll identify and remove blockers, track and take on dependencies, manage risks, and ensure we're continuously improving. You'll collaborate with product leads to develop a shared vision for the next level support Rioters need to bring player value.
- Regularly assess the team's composition, health, and composition while striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
- Manage, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, managing trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
- Adapt planning tools, Agile methods, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability through roadmaps, proactive planning and risk management
- Drive alignment on technical decisions
- Shape the development of the IT organization and lead change management
- 5+ years experience leading technical projects using Agile methods
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Managed hardware or software products through entire life cycle – from conception, launch, transition to maintaining and operating a live service
- Led diverse teams to deliver digital products to worldwide markets
- Expertise in project/task prioritization, project planning and schedule development
- Experience chartering large projects that involve cross-team collaboration
- Experience working in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environments
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
- Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience designing and improving work systems at the single and multiple team levels
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).