Development Manager II - Global Marketing, Game Marketing
Development Managers support the team and the Brand Managers by owning the translation of brand vision into action and curating a team culture of success. Partnering with a Brand Manager, they own a campaign's deliverables, making sure tactics come in on time and on budget. They also support Brand Managers with communication and collaboration with on- and off-team partners. This role is responsible for making sure that everything we need to deliver for the milestone's success is shipped, which includes holding people across the team and on dependent teams accountable for their commitments.
Development Managers demonstrate knowledge of the Production craft in this role through experience working with delivery and prioritization frameworks, delegation, and customer/team member management.
As a Development Manager on a Game Marketing Team, you will report to the Marketing Operations Lead.
- Manage the delivery, in partnership with a Brand Manager, of one or more marketing campaigns and their associated tactics
- Facilitate prioritization exercises for tactic planning
- Assign and track work for team members and vendors
- Run campaign rituals and maintain/organize campaign artifacts
- Manage relationships, communications, contracts, schedule and work being done with vendors
- Ensure work systems are a source of truth for the team by ensuring up to date information is available
- Facilitate team meetings, discussions, and decisions
- Ensure team's work matches overall strategy and goals, as conditions change
- Manage stakeholder and investor processes
- Facilitate retros, document learnings, and ensure learnings are implemented
- Manage the flow of information from development teams to marketing contributors including:
- Key marketing beats
- Shifts in release dates
- Development milestones
- Partner with the Brand Marketing Director with the design and implementation of systems for bringing their brand vision to life through creative teams
- Curate a culture of success by:
- Facilitating team health rituals
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve team health
- 4+ years of experience in a Production or Operations role
- Proficiency in project/campaign management tools
- Experience producing in a creative environment
- Proven ability to efficiently communicate complex information to a distributed team
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting an inclusive environment
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience designing project/campaign management systems
- Experience working with Airtable and Trello (or other Kanban system)
- Experience collaborating with global and distributed teams
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.