Data Engineer - Information Security, Anti-cheat
Riot's Data Engineers build tools to understand and improve the experience of our players worldwide using petabytes of data and state-of-the-art processing technology. Handling this data is a tremendous and complex task. As we continue delivering and scaling content to passionate players, our discipline has challenges and opportunities centered on building data products that support our growth.
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Anti-Cheat team within the Information Security group, you bring a unique mix of distributed data processing, data warehousing, and software engineering skills to develop scalable data systems that inform our decisions and ensure the safety of Riot's platforms and the players using them. You will help maintain our ETL pipeline and architect supporting solutions for the storages that Anti-Cheat tooling will utilize. Good anti-cheat necessitates heavy automation, so this is consistently a significant effort across a variety of riot’s data ecosystems.
- Create and promote a technical design and architectural vision for Anti-Cheat data systems and tooling
- Work with engineers on the team to manage infrastructure for moving and processing large-scale data
- Work with Analysts and Data Scientists to determine and implement new capabilities to reduce cheating and toxicity within our games
- Design and promote standards for Anti-Cheat data telemetry and processing
- Help engineers across the team to select data technologies for their development needs
- Be the face of data best-practices to engineers on the team around the product by advocating for data considerations early in the product life cycle and educating teammates on how to get the most out of the Riot data ecosystem.
- 2+ years experience working with data systems
- 2+ years experience with data warehousing, processing, pipelines, infrastructure, and query patterns
- 2+ years experience with Spark or Hadoop
- 2+ years experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, or similar
- 4+ years experience with Python and SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with productionizing large systems for data processing (Spark, Spark structured streaming, Flink, Hadoop, Airflow) and storage (S3, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Dynamo, MySQL, or Redis)
- Experience with Go
- Experience designing and optimizing data architecture for content,performance and cost
- Experience working in agile project management methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).