(Closed) Country Manager, Indonesia & Malaysia
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Reporting to the Head of Country Management, SEA, as Country Manager, you will help us set up and grow our business in Indonesia & Malaysia, as the face and voice of Riot ID&MY. You will build and manage a high-performing team to develop an immersive player experience for current and new players across Riot’s portfolio of games and media, with a specific focus on the Mobile Games Market.
We are looking for someone who has their finger on the pulse of Indonesia & Malaysia’s mobile gaming culture, who has strong player and cultural empathy, who has the experience to lead local executions of Riot SEA’s go-to-market plans by managing publishing services including Localization, Communications, Government Relations, Brand and Events Marketing, and who has a strong business network required to build strategic partnerships in the region to create long-term value.
This role will be based in Indonesia, but may require remote work from Singapore initially.
- Build Riot ID&MY game publishing organization and ensure that it delivers player value in an efficient way
- Explore and manage publishing partnerships in Indonesia & Malaysia which allow us to augment and amplify our publishing efforts locally
- Be a strong advocate for our publishing partners and ensure their actions are aligned with Riot SEA’s strategies as well as Riot’s global values
- Help prioritize marketing spend across Indonesia & Malaysia, in close alignment with the SEA Marketing team and any local publishing partners
- Execute on Riot SEA’s strategic and commercial partnerships across Indonesia & Malaysia, including executing on local business partnerships and pursuing leads for sponsorship deals and campaign implementation
- Build and develop a high performing team with a focus on Publishing and Business Development; Support publishing partners in selecting key leads and designing the organization as needed
- Manage the development of strategic initiatives to accelerate and further diversify growth in Indonesia & Malaysia
- In alignment with the SEA leadership team, execute Riot SEA’s strategic vision in Indonesia & Malaysia, including high impact initiatives and projects such as ecosystem product development, Esports development, branding and advertising, community engagement, local content creation, press relations, etc
- Prioritize effectively and leverage relationships with internal Riot teams, stakeholders, and publishing partners, representing us amongst player communities, the media, government, and trade associations
- Be responsible for compliance and regulatory requirements of local authorities towards gaming companies and Riot Games
- Take responsibility for Riot ID&MY’s P&L, managing complex business decisions around cost
- Lead by example, promoting Riot's culture across Indonesia & Malaysia team and driving cultural alignment within Riot itself
- 5+ years of work experience in publishing or marketing within the video game or entertainment industry; preferably strong experience with mobile games
- 2+ years of Business Development and general management experience
- Experience in partner management
- Experience with direct P&L ownership
- Experience driving strong business results through strategy
- A deep understanding of the mobile games market in Indonesia & Malaysia
- Experience achieving excellent results collaborating with other teams in SEA and across the globe
- Languages: English, Bahasa Indonesia and/or Bahasa Melayu (business proficiency)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, and AD&D
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Monthly phone bill allowance
- Monthly food allowance
- Donation matching of time and money to nonprofits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.