(Closed) Corporate Development Manager
The Corporate Development team strives to advance Riot’s core goals through partnerships, investments, and acquisitions. We conduct research, evaluate games and businesses, conduct due diligence, negotiate deals and manage a portfolio of investments in game studios and gaming technology companies. Recent deals include Riot’s investment in Mainframe Industries and the acquisition of Hypixel Studios.
As a Corporate Development Manager reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Development, you will help Riot better understand investment and acquisition opportunities in specific genres and technology sectors, promote interaction between portfolio companies and subject matter experts throughout Riot, and meet with external companies and investors.
You will also contribute to Riot’s commitment to mature the broader gaming ecosystem, with a focus on identifying and supporting underrepresented founders.
- Using Riot’s strategic goals, you will identify, recommend, and pursue relevant opportunities that can meet those investment and acquisition goals
- Conduct research reports on genres and business models of interest
- Assist/lead on investments and acquisitions – including research, evaluation, recommendation, due diligence, deal negotiations and post-deal integration
- Assist/lead in management of Riot’s portfolio of investments and acquisitions
- Assist/lead in developing presentation materials for Riot’s executive team and the board
- Support the efforts of Riot’s Underrepresented Founders program by identifying and communicating with founders, planning workshops, and coordinating funding
- Originate deals through your own growing network of founders and investors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience
- Experience in venture capital, investment banking, game development/publishing, management consulting and/or corporate development roles
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Experience with deal evaluation and financial modeling
- Experience working with/on product development teams in the tech industry
- Existing network of game developers, founders, and startups
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).