Content Producer II - Creative & IP Development
Production leads at Riot support the process and approach around how we organize work. From request intakes and project tracking to resource management, they ensure Rioters are supported and nurtured while providing opportunities for growth. As a leader of teams, they help concept, improve and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As Content Producer II on Riot's Creative & IP Development team, you will report to their Director of Product Management. You will promote the requirements for Riot’s Champion Library in its content creation, curation, and distribution. You will manage character art assets, maintain art production pipelines, and provide oversight over character content distribution to other Riot Teams. You will work with expert artists, technical artists and programmers to ensure the library is a first class experience, both in its content and user interactions.
- Guide the product strategy requirements for the champion asset library mission toward engagement and sustainable use over time
- Manage milestones, overall team timeline, scheduling of team meetings, sprint deliverables and reviews.
- Coordinate execution from concept through modeling, texturing, levels of details to final asset delivery and asset integration into both development environment and company accessible asset depot
- Manage multiple production contractors/vendors including accounts, schedules, and budgets
- Ensure assets are tracked and managed properly
- Coordinate information and product updates with accountable partners to the project
- Build capacity plan documents; project scoping/planning; and project change requests across multiple project requests and opportunities
- Ensure projects are within spending limits for time and resources by helping keep reports updated
- Oversee a team-wide delivery and prioritization system, work optimization, and rituals for a team of 7-10 people.
- Be the overseer of team health and efficiency, ensuring a positive and high functioning growth environment for a diverse roster of team members
- 5+ years as a team leader, overseeing delivery, operations or production (or equivalent experience) in games, film, publishing, or media agency
- Dev experience in character asset pipelines and related work such as art creation, asset management, marketing brief creation, or equivalent work
- Experience working with artists and technical artists, an understanding of the creative process, and its impact on production needs
- Experience overseeing and supporting individual contributors
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Proficiency across multiple project management frameworks (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Experience as an artist and deep familiarity with complex 3D character pipelines
- Experience driving partnerships with game and non-game teams
- Experience working with external clients and vendors
- Experience managing budgets
- Deep knowledge of the 3D Character Assets a major plus
- Prior Outsourcing Management experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.