Business Strategist Intern (Undergraduate) - Central QA
As an Undergraduate Business Strategist intern, you’ll partner with the Central QA organization to aggregate and analyze quality focused data and metrics for creation of reporting and data dashboards for the QA teams and stakeholders. As part of the Central QA organization, you won’t be connected to a specific product/project. Instead, you will partner with stakeholders from multiple teams in addition to Central QA leadership for a team and company-wide impact. You will instead be focusing on data generated by QA testing teams such as test case pass/fail rates, bug outputs, etc. so QA can make informed decisions.
- Create reports and visualizations to identify inefficiencies to improve the testing process
- Interpret data to identify and track risks as observed through testing data
- Utilization of game data to better inform testing decisions and actions
- Currently enrolled in an engineering, computer science, data science or related degree program
- Returning for at least one more term following the internship
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in pulling data and creating visualizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can adapt to working with cross-functional individuals like engineers, management, etc.
- Able to learn QA testing processes to understand context behind the data
- Comfortable engaging with people who are less data savvy
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Applications Close January 10th 11:59pm PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).