Business Operations, League of Legends
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints. As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
The Business Operations function within China Publishing Management Center helps our publisher Tencent and LA-based central teams better understand our game’s monetization in China and identify opportunities that improve revenue potential. You will get deeply involved in every aspect of our game’s business operations and revenue management, be it building up skin pipelines that Chinese players love, exploring new content types that make the game more immersive and exciting, or redesigning the experience for players to access the contents that they love.
As a Publishing Manager, Business Operations in the League of Legends China publishing team, you will also drive the thinking behind player experience oriented local product feature (re) design, providing thought leadership and project management in optimizing global product features by advocating Chinese players' needs.By encouraging teams to collaborate, you'll guide development, smash through obstacles and drive projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. You'll help conceptualize, influence and achieve results together with our publisher Tencent and LA-based central teams
- Be responsible for continuous efforts in understanding players, monitoring and analyzing revenue performance of League of Legends in China
- Closely follow the market trend in revenue strategies and monetization tactics, gather market & competitor intelligence to inform our own strategies
- Based on player experience informed strategic thinking, drive the improvement of monetization and ecommerce-related player experience
- Become a subject matter expert of revenue strategies, help identify improvement opportunities and build strong case for change
- Help develop business intelligence strategy, including making concrete decisions on data infrastructure, deployed resources, data attribution models and their use in our go-to-market plans and programs
- Drive the player experience oriented local product feature initiatives, provide analytical support and project management in optimizing global product feature by advocating Chinese players' needs
- Collect and analyze complex data, field research cross-reference analysis, and run tests to build and validate hypotheses and more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors
- Design and conduct primary research, applying quantitative and qualitative research methods ● Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure player experience and monetization strategies are tailored to the China market and are delivered to players' hands.
- Manage collaborations with partners, bridge the gap between organizations by facilitating discussions and encouraging agreement to make decisions
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ of professional experience in management consulting, strategic user research, insights or business intelligence
- Hardcore gamer. Rich experiences in video games, including League of Legends and deep understanding of their revenue strategies and monetization
- Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive collaboration across language and culture
- Willingness to travel frequently Desired Qualifications:
- Experienced stakeholder management and rapport-building skills
- Full-lifecycle project ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc