*(Greater Seattle area)
As part of its drive to continuously innovate and advance its digital broadcast and production capabilities, as well as super serve players and fans, Riot Games and its Esports Technology Group is growing to enable efficient, game-agnostic production of Esports content, globally, through technical innovation, standardized workflows, and shared infrastructure.
We are looking for a skilled broadcast engineer to join our team to help shape and drive the operation and maintenance of the production layer and supporting technologies at Riot’s remote broadcast operations with global reach. In this role, you will be an integral part of the organization’s leadership team and you will report to the General Manager. The position is based in the greater Seattle area.
- Maintain the production and technical infrastructures within the center. This includes production equipment and spaces, content management platform, communications systems, graphics, video systems, processing and transcoding and the Engineering core
- Determine methods and procedures on new work efforts for you / your wider team / region and operate independently with little instruction day to day
- Experience and level of comfort solving highly complex and diverse problems that require an ability to evaluate multiple variables
- Maintain control, efficiency, and visibility over the center’s technology, its maintenance and serve as a point of escalation for the on-site team to analyze, troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Monitor and manage on premise and cloud resources
- Coordinate production activities with the other technical centers
- Work with the Esports engineering and IT teams to create better in-house systems for movement and management of content, monitoring streams and enhancing quality of service metrics
- Performing regular reporting on performance of the centers by identifying and tracking data for KPI
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in an applicable field
- Five years' experience working in a video ecosystem, with strong fundamentals in live video content production workflows and related production technologies
- 6+ years experience in a senior IC, supervisory or management role
- Proven experience working in a dynamic environment that requires a steady volume of high level details, the challenge of identifying and tracking critical paths, complex dependencies, and executing deliverables successfully
- Deep understanding of SMPTE standards, various video processing codecs and formats
- Experience working with IP video & audio infrastructure - SMPTE 2110, Dante, NDI
- Knowledge of media processing and quality control tools
- Ability to work on productivity softwares (Google, Word, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license
- Certifications from Cisco or AWS
- Experience in a live event production operation, preferably sports, within a broadcast team environment, working under strict time deadlines
- Ability to implement and sustain orchestrated automated workflows
- Deep understanding of streaming and OTT technologies, protocols, and practices, monitoring and compliance preferred
- Knowledge to manage enterprise switches and routers
- Knowledge and/or experience of metadata concepts and feed formats (XML, JSON)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.