(Closed) Brand Manager - Riot Forge
Riot Forge was announced in 2019, as a 3rd party publisher. Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling.
As a Brand Manager for Riot Forge, you will report to the publishing lead. You will use relationship and strategy to work with the Riot Forge Development teams and coordinate with Riot’s Global Publishing organization and other essential partners to develop global creative assets, marketing tactics, and cross-promotional programs throughout the Forge product life cycle. You will also work with external groups including first parties, promotional partners, distribution platforms, and agencies.
You will have a background in console game marketing, partners network, EQ, and passion for video games, entertainment and digital innovation.
- Manage product lifecycle from game concept to launch and post-launch
- Promote the game(s), its vision, and core mechanics across Riot
- Ensure the game(s) and marketing fit the brand strategy through partnering with Riot's Global Publishing team
- Manage in-game content planning for SKU plans and marketing offers
- Produce high-quality game assets for marketing campaign, social extensions, and PR editorial needs
- Be a product spokesperson and demonstrate product(s) at trade shows and events
- Inform and support the content marketing and partnerships strategy
- Develop direct relationships with content partners, agencies and distribution platforms
- Monitor competition activity and provide relevant reports and analysis
- Manage publishing budgets to ensure adherence to approved levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years marketing experience with at least 3 years in the video game industry
- Experience launching at least two games (indie or larger) on console
- Present products to all audiences
- Knowledge of the game development process and cycles
- Requires a competitive knowledge of the games market (e.g. past and current game feature sets, title performance, marketing tactics)
- Knowledge of industry trends, partnerships and branded content landscape
- Understand brand campaign Indicators, metrics, analytics, and media to develop creative strategies
- Can manage communications across a worldwide organization
- Understanding of social media platforms, their participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Proficiency with Netbase, Sprinklr, Brandwatch, or other equivalent tools
- Knowledge of media, programmatic, and user acquisition
- Requires some travel
- Working knowledge/interest in content production, creation, and partnerships
- Play games weekly on console, mobile and PC
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.