Brand Manager DACH
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with German, Austrian, and Swiss players, we opened a publishing office in the heart of Berlin. To make that initiative a success we need inspiring leaders to help us build it up.
That's where you come in.
As Brand Manager DACH, you’re an integral part of our publishing team in Berlin and you run our content production, PR, exhibition, and community management efforts. You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you’re willing to embrace the unknown and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players, esports fans, and media partners to the next level.
You're eager to design and develop experiences that genuinely engage players and encourage them to set the interwebs abuzz with their ongoing conversations. With your network already established, you'll also be able to build, retain, and grow partnerships that'll help Riot reach its strategic goals of creating great content and initiatives that resonate with the DACH player base.
As a DACH Rioter, you’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming.
You’ll report to the Head of Publishing DACH and you’ll work as part of the publishing team.
We’re looking for a broad-thinking publishing veteran who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
- Experienced: you have at least 5 years of experience in publishing for the German speaking markets (marketing, branding, PR, community). Ideally, you’ve worked on the launch of a few AAA digital products (games, movies, apps) in the European market. You know plenty of real-world and digital publishing and marketing techniques, which you’ve successfully used in the past to implement large-scale initiatives.
- Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games.
- Strategic: you have a broad vision of the German games and media landscape. You can target the most relevant strategic avenues to bring our publishing initiatives to the right crowd, in the right fashion.
- A sharp judge: you have an eye and ear for great assets and phrasing that have an impact on our DACH regions while staying true to our global brand vision and direction.
- A team player: you inspire colleagues by walking the talk. You are self-aware, you can give and take feedback well, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes.
- A modern thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of publishing initiatives carried out by other innovative gaming and media companies, whether in DACH or abroad.
- Agile and organized: roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to all players. You show a clear “can-do” attitude.
- A strong communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation abilities in German and English.
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, it’s not about a list of tasks to tick off.
- Establish and maintain an open dialogue within your teams and across other disciplines at our Berlin office and at our global offices.
- Provide publishing support to other disciplines, such as a competitive gaming (esports) and other products.
- Work with current and future channels that deliver the best content to players.
- Be the key contact for partners, suppliers, agencies, and help them deliver their best to players and fans.
- Travel the region to represent our brands at big scale events and trade shows.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.