Audio Lead - Legends of Runeterra
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
As an Audio Lead, you'll drive the efforts with other creative passionate individuals, rally them around the ultimate goal to build exquisite sound assets for Legends of Runeterra. Ideating, implementing and conceiving audio content for our games, your work with various different teams, defining sound, music and other audio needs, as well as develop solutions to complex audio problems. Audio Leads are seasoned veterans in not only the craft of interactive game audio but also the ability to inspire and mentor others.
- Collaborate with discipline leads of the product to identify and set audio objectives and timelines for the product
- Develop audio vision and strategy, ensuring all sound design content of a project is delivered
- Establish audio goals that align with the product goals, and communicate how the audio goals support the product's mission to leadership and team members
- Work with external partners and teams to ensure the appropriate process and pipeline is in place for effective collaboration.
- Run weekly work-in-progress reviews, audio playtests, feedback sessions, and more, to create high-quality audio experiences for players
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for features, systems, and other areas using industry-standard methods and tools.
- Build and maintain a sustainable and scalable approach for audio production for HK studio's projects
- Accountable for execution - craft and implement action plans for the future success of the team and project, with an emphasis on tangible results
- Handle performance and elevate direct reports through mentoring & coaching
- Set up and manage sound studios, audio hardware, and equipment.
- 7+ years experience developing sound for game, or shipped multiple AAA titles
- Experience managing external partners
- Experience in setting up sound studios, audio hardware, and software setup
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience, etc.)
- Working with sound design creation tools (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc) and techniques
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques
- Expertise in technical implementation and Wwise audio middleware.
- Interested parties are encouraged to participate in the audio test, to assess craft compatibility
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Worked with Reaktor and synthesizers
- Experience with music implementation
- Scripting or node-based implementation
- Wwise - (Wwise certification is a Plus)
- Experience in turn-based multiplayer games
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits