Art Outsource Manager, Licensing
As an Art Outsourcing Manager at Riot, you will help connect product teams to the right external partners while improving art outsource infrastructure and practices. You will build meaningful and trusting external relationships through clear two-way communication and planning. Your approach will ensure a sustainable workflow without compromising quality. A perfect blend between a veteran production artist and logistics expert, you will provide art direction and work to make the outsourcing experience excellent and engaging for all parties involved.
As an Art Outsource Manager on the Consumer Product's Licensing team, you will report to the Art Director. You will also work in partnership with them and our licensing team to shape the art style for our licensed products. You will also provide art direction to outsource artists and external partners.
- Communicate Riot's artistic vision to external partners and serve as the voice for creative feedback
- Review and provide art feedback for all licensing submissions
- Gather assets for creative use by licensees
- Ensure clear process and communication between Riot's licensing agency, brand, and creative teams
- Implement a clear evaluation system to uphold Riot's quality standards across all assets and deliverables
- Ensure feedback and reviews are handled within production deadlines
- Work with internal Riot teams on company-wide projects that involve licensing partners
- 3+ years' experience working as an Art Outsource Manager, Art Licensing Manager, or similar industry role
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Art and production process experience, providing feedback and discussing design reasoning
- Experience collaborating and maintaining strong relationships with vendors
- Understanding of how to maintain brand cohesiveness across multiple products
- Professional experience with hard or soft line categories
- Knowledge of League of Legends IP
- Experience working with licensing partners across multiple categories
- Familiarity with standard print techniques and material requirements relating to physical product
- Experience with project tracking software like Airtable/Trello
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).