(Closed) Art Lead - Esports
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC games in the world and a main reason for the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Esports Central team, which is a collection of individuals responsible for operating three major global events, defining global policy, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional offices and leagues. We want to create a global, multi-generational premier sport that elevates League of Legends. That’s where you come in.
As the Art Lead on the Global Esports team, reporting into the Marketing Director, you’ll shape the visual direction for Riot’s global LoL Esports brand, establish the look and feel of experiences viewed by millions of fans around the world, and upgrade the visual expression of our sport. You will manage the sport’s overall art direction, working with publishing and design teams for both marketing and events.
- Work with a Creative Lead to cultivate and lead an outstanding creative team
- Work with the Esports Publishing team to build the LoL Esports brand
- Lead the visual development of all brand and campaign assets working with internal designers and agency partners to take imaginative ideas from concept to delivery
- Create clear guidance and direction to all partners
- Promote creative improvement within the team and help foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and excellence in design and creative
- Develop a network of partners with the broad design and art capabilities required to bring our brand to life across all mediums
- Manage a small team of designers to create design-led solutions that strengthen the LoL esports brand
- 8+ years in art creative development agency-side or in-house with a compelling portfolio
- Resourceful: you have a network of trusted creative shops and individuals you can access for projects
- A creator: you understand the brief and partners to create fresh ideas that speak to the gaming community
- Strategic: you're able to take a project from brief to concept with clear thinking around audience and medium
- Expertise in brand design and development (full systems)
- Conceptual thinking in visual and experience design
- Proven leader across large-scale creative campaigns
- Success in delivering design and art solutions that fulfill strategic goals
- Art direction for live-action films
- Art direction for animated films (2D, 3D, motion graphics)
- Art direction for digital and experiential marketing
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.