Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
- Implement new core technologies necessary to realize the vision of our games.
- Maintain existing codebase and support the wider development team in diagnosing problems and coming up with good solutions
- Optimization of Engine and Game Systems to take full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Work with content and engineering partners to identify problems and identify new solutions where required
- Participate in development, optimization, and debugging of low-level systems like physics, animation, and memory management.
- Mentor junior or mid-level programmers as required.
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Summary Of Requirements:
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or specific experience with video game programming.
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Expertise in Physics, Animation, Memory or Audio systems
- Experience working on content processing pipelines for game engines
- Experience collaborating with engineers across multiple teams and features
- Experience working independently and to be self-directed
- Effective organization, time-management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical information, both verbal and written to a wide range of audiences
- 10+ years of experience in game development and shipped multiple AAA games
- Strong hardware and software architecture knowledge
- Experience with optimizing network and file I/O performance
- Experience with crash dumps and disassembly.