Level 2 IT Engineer
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Performs the installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computer systems, endpoints and proprietary hardware and applications.
- Proficiency in and knowledge of industry best practices regarding NGAV and EDR applications.
- Work with external vendors and/or third party partners to plan and execute projects on time and within scope.
- Maintaining and operating centralized enterprise configuration management services
- Performing system administration for enterprise desktop and application management suites, including configuration, version maintenance, security, and access delegation
- Creating and maintaining operating system images, deployment processes, while ensuring application packages and operating system images are kept up to date
- Working with developers and staff to understand their needs for application and operating system package, deployment, and management; designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that meet the Studio’s needs
- Ensuring operating systems and applications work as expected through testing, troubleshooting, and problem tracking and documentation
- Writing technical documentation on the processes used to deploy operating systems and applications to endpoints.
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years’ experience creating and supporting Enterprise endpoint solutions
- Video Game or Software Development industry experience preferred
- Experience with Atlassian Applications preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Monitoring applications preferred (Solarwinds, NAGIOS)
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.