Lead Graphics Engineer (Retro Studios)
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
- Has responsibilities as an individual contributor and should be a domain expert of computer graphics
- Pursue evolving techniques about computer graphics
- Leads software design process
- Mentors team members to constantly grow the efficiency of the graphics team
- Assigns programming modules and tasks to team
- Leads a team in the development of software products
- Completes performance evaluations and bonus reviews for direct reports
- Makes recommendations for promotions for individuals in group
- Responsible for coordinating with VP to understand goals of the team
- Coordinates with other Leads, Managers, and Directors to understand evolving needs of larger team
- Develops programming schedules and participates in estimating timelines and goals for milestone planning
This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
Summary Of Requirements
- Effective organization, analytical and problem solving skills
- 10+ years’ experience in video game industry
- In-depth understanding of 3D graphics techniques and algorithms and their applications in computer simulation and video game software
- Solid background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies
- Strong industrial experience in programming languages, such as C/C++, #C
- Excellent project management skills; extensive capability in academic research. Strong math and physics skills
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.