CONTRACT - Level 1 IT Engineer
Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Performs the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of computer systems
- Sets up user accounts on organization's servers and Azure, insuring safe and secure synchronization of accounts to cloud applications.
- Works within the organization’s Help Desk, triage tickets, communicate solutions or repairs as necessary, and follow-up with ticket stakeholders for solution remediation
- Supports internal proprietary hardware
- Runs necessary system backups
- Provides technical support and troubleshoots problems on local area networks (LAN) and data networks
- Provides technical support to the organization's internal users of computer applications and hardware
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Experience maintaining desktop & server systems, networks, and laptops
- 3-5 years’ experience with desktop support
- 1-5 years’ experience with industry leading backup solutions
- Experience working with virtual environments
- Video Game or Software Development industry experience preferred
- Experience with Quest KACE Appliances and/or Software preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans...valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.
** This is a CONTRACT position