User Interface Artist - MTX (Apex Legends)
We’re looking for a User Interface Artist - MTX who will help create compelling imagery for all our cosmetic content in our in-game sore for Apex Legends . Reporting to our UX/UI Lead, you will pose, light, and render images of all our cosmetic items each season. Publish the images, and test and verify that the store is working properly with each update.
What’s it like to be a User Interface Artist at Respawn?
- Day to Day - Our User Interface Artist - MTX will create visually appealing and understandable asset images for use in our in-game store. As a member of the MTX team, you will contribute towards effectively conveying limited time offers, rarity, discounts, and more.There may be opportunities to help contribute towards other messaging assets as well, such as message of the day, promotional images, and loading screens.
- Collaboration - You will have the opportunity to work independently as well as with a team, as you will collaborate with both your UX/UI teammates and other departments to help create the best store presentation possible
- Values - Our UX/UI team cares about developing both high quality art and a high quality player experience. They share their inspiration, knowledge, and passion with the others in their department. They aspire to treat everything they work on as a personal masterpiece. They play the game and are encouraged to speak up if they see anything that is not up to our standards. They put their time and passion into what will have the biggest payoff for our players.
- Ownership - Our teams are small and everyone has a lot of ownership over their work. As a UI Artist you will have the opportunity to own your designs from conceptualization to shipping. As part of a small team you will have the opportunity to shine here.
- Growth - At Respawn we believe that all of our team members are on a path of professional development, and making progress in that journey is a key component of happiness and satisfaction in one’s work. Our team members are encouraged to follow their career interests, while also challenging themselves. To facilitate this, our leads work with each team member to identify areas of strength, and areas of desired development, and whenever possible, assign tasks and projects which will inspire the team member to grow in skill, knowledge, and capability.
What do we look for in User Interface Artist candidates?
- You’ve Made Stuff You are Proud Of - What we’d love to see in your ecommerce portfolio is work that you developed yourself from concept to finish - ideally modern, creative, and aesthetically appealing product shots, promotions, and graphic design work that includes all aspects of maintaining and structuring an effective digital storefront.
- A Keen Eye for Graphic Design And a Sense for UX - You understand how to design a memorable shop image and you know how to make a simple shape look elegant and appealing. You have strong graphic design sensibilities and will use your eye for proportion, scale, color, shape, and perspective. You understand UX best practices that help make sure your work enhances the experience rather than distract or detract. You have a passion for design and stay up to date with modern looks and trends in graphics, typography, and UI - in digital stores, games and other media. Ideally you are someone who has empathy for players and believes that their experience is of foremost importance.
- A Spirit for Collaboration - As a member of the UX/UI team, you will work closely with others within your department as well as disciplines such as design, art, animation, vfx, and code. Developing amazing UI/UX is a team effort, and you will collaborate with other accomplished team members to create what works best for the game.
- Passion - We look for UI Artists who are highly passionate. No one is phoning it in here – our team members love what they do and it shows in their work.
- Potential Over Experience - We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for motivated developers who balance their desire to make cool stuff with the understanding of what is the highest priority for the team members and the game.
- Teamwork - Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work towards what’s best for the game. Making games is a group effort and you will collaborate closely with other departments. Teamwork is very important to our success.
Ideally, you also will have...
- 3+ years of ecommerce design and development experience, knowledge of 3d and 2d editing tools and familiarity with game engines.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Marmoset, Photoshop, and familiarity with CMS’s and version control.
- A strong understanding of UI/UX development processes and pipelines.
- Motion graphics skills are a plus!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! You can read more about these at respawn.com/perks .