Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
The Tech Art team creates systems to support character and vehicle animation by developing body and facial rigging systems, animation interfaces, and by supporting animators with technical setup and production.
What a Techincal Artist does at Respawn:
- Design and implement complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
- Proactive in problem identification and developing and delivering solutions
- Define and estimate tasks in a well-organized manner
- Interact and collaborate with the key client stakeholders (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
The next great Techincal Artist needs:
- 3+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles and/or VFX/feature animation
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience a plus)
- Strong background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
- Understanding of animation principles and human anatomy
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
- Have a proactive work ethic, capable problem solver who is not afraid of big challenges. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
- Document tools and processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- Degree in visual effects or technical subject area is highly preferred.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.