Sr. Software Engineer
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
- Work closely with other engineers to understand and solve complex architectural issues
- Troubleshoot issues and find a proper resolution.
- Own major, cross cutting technical programs and driving them to completion
- Work with EA Central Tech, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo to integrate their systems into Apex Legends
- Report to the Lead Engineer
- You have solid C/C++ skills. 3 or more years
- You have passion for making and playing games.
- Proficient in Microservices Architecture / Web Infrastructure / REST / Protobuf / TLS / Etc
- Experience integrating complex SDKs into large engines with multiple moving pieces
- Experience with large code bases and experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
Nice to Have
- You have shipped at least one AAA title
- Degree -Bachelor's CS/Math or higher. ( Or Equivalent work exp)
- Engineering experience working with consoles (Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft)
- Engineering experience working with window PC ( Microsoft/Steam/Origin)
- Solid foundation in TCP and UDP networking.
- Prior professional experience as a respected engineer on a game team.
- Comfortable in/with Windows, Linux, Perforce, Visual Studio, curl, PHP, and LUA/Squirrel …
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.