(Closed) Software Engineering Director
Respawn Entertainment is looking for a Technical Director who is passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with a team of accomplished developers. You will lead the engineering component of the team and provide technical direction to senior technical leads. As a Technical Director, you will work with other discipline leaders such as art, animation, game design, and audio as the technical expert for the team.
You will report to the Head of Technology, bring a history of game programming, and communicate complex ideas in simple to understand ways.
- Set project technical standards
- Tactical direction to achieve and maintain stable, scalable, cost-effective games
- Establish high-level architecture and processes, and technical budgets
- Oversee project technical design and implementation
- Work with other disciplines, such as game design, art, animation, audio to determine team and game code needs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot live service issues
- Ensure the quality, performance, and stability of technical deliverables
- Improve team efficiency through identifying bottlenecks and proposing solutions
- Manage technical requirements and risks
- Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal technical partners
- Implement and run release management for a live service
- Provide line management to employees within the discipline
- Work as part of the game leadership team
- help establish the game vision and our needs
- Represent the vision of the game to the team and partners
- Balance technical, game, and requirements with successful outcomes
- Partner with production on development processes and planning
- Conduct research necessary to achieve desired outcomes and evolve our technology
- 10+ years software development experience
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Experience with multi-threading
- 10+ years of C/C++
- Shipped at least 3 AAA titles, including 1 recent title on UE4 as TD / Senior Engineer (with direct reports), at 75+ MC on PC and console
- Extensive UE4 experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Leadership experience developing and launching games or running a large-scale live service
- Solid knowledge of game technology domains, spanning client (rendering, animation, AI, cameras, controls, asset management), server and infrastructure; deep knowledge of at least one client domain
- Mediation, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with remote teams
- A passion for making and playing games
- Distributed systems experience
If this position sounds like a fit with your background and interests, we look forward to reviewing your resume!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.