Software Engineer (Respawn) - C++
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA game development studio that shipped Titanfall and Titanfall 2 to critical acclaim, and shipped a free-to-play battle royale game in the Titanfall universe, Apex Legends. We are hiring for our Star Wars™ and Apex Legends game development teams. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry awaits our future team members.
What does a Software Engineer do?
You will be a contributor to our engineering efforts by working directly with our game development and testing teams to create tools, services, and automation to support our games being the highest quality.
You will work across many different technologies and add your creative touch to the technology we create.
Join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a fun and creative environment.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Experienced with building tools and automation in an iterative model.
- 7+ years of professional experience in the C++ or C# programming language.
- Comfort with handling large codebases.
- Interest in exploring upcoming and available technologies.
- Experience with game AI.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Familiar with Unix environments.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Develop, support, and own automation, tools, and service.
- Write and keep scalable, testable, versioned, and documented code.
- Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members.
- Operate in a continuous learning environment to inspire creativity in technology.
- Work directly with customers and escalate any issues or improvement opportunities.
- Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Contribute to our engineering strategies and programs.
- Where applicable, integrate systems and tools into partner or production game code in a controlled, professional manner.
You will be an essential player in Respawn’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a fun software engineering environment.
It is not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It is hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It is you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU’s, tuition reimbursement, free video games, and more!
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!