Senior UX Designer (Star Wars Team)
We’re looking for a highly skilled Senior UX Designer to join our Star Wars team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about all aspects of the user’s experience - not just the menus. We need someone who can create, test and iterate on a variety of systems that prioritize clear communication and ease of use. We are picturing someone with strong game design and development sensibilities, who will embrace our culture and share their hard earned expertise to create a world-class user experience for our players.
What You’ll Do...
- Develop adaptable systems to help players navigate the wide variety of content in the game.
- Work closely with a small team of visual designers to mesh functionality and aesthetics in a way that maximizes the impact of both.
- Work closely with disciplines like code, design, narrative and user research to create robust UX solutions.
- Be forward thinking and self sufficient in terms of finding ways to improve the design of the player’s experience across the entire game.
- You will create and iterate on UX documentation and prototypes for many different systems for the game.
- Embody pragmatic game development values – valuing prioritization and making hard but necessary tradeoffs
- Serve as an expert advocate for improving the design of our tool set & workflow.
- Help mentor and educate other disciplines on the value of UX, and lead by example.
Ideally, you will have…
- 5+ years' professional experience in game design.
- A strong portfolio with examples of finished UX/UI work and insight into your development process.
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of what is best in class UX across multiple genres as well as platforms.
- A problem solving mindset with the ability to take ownership & responsibility.
- Strong technical skills & knowledge, with the ability to get into the guts of a game.
- The ability to analyze metrics or other feedback methods to evaluate and improve your work prior to ship.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and work samples and we will get back to you once we have reviewed!
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits!