Senior Tools Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As a Senior Tools Engineer you will work closely with Content Creators across the team to develop and support Tools to enhance their creativity and productivity. You will help own and create complex technical tools and help empower our content creators to deliver one of the most successful shooters of all time.
- Build, maintain, and extend internal tools designed to empower content creators.
- You will work closely with all disciplines to gather requirements, collaborate on solutions and execute
- Creates clear and concise documentation to support process and tooling.
- Able to identify blockers and work through challenging dependencies with internal and external partners
- Able to work independently when required.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- 4+ years of experience with C/C++ tools development in the video games industry.
- Experience with large code bases
- Experience writing performant code
- You will report to a lead engineer.
Nice to Have
- Experience with C++ UI systems: QT, Wx, GTK, ImGui etc.
- Experience developing console games.
- Experience with C#, Python or other scripting language
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.