Senior Technical Game Designer (Star Wars Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players
What you’ll do...
- Work with design leadership, design team, artists, code, and animation departments to deliver impressive design experiences.
- Plan out technical implementation of wide-reaching game systems involving all departments.
- Solve a variety of challenging technical problems in an efficient manner.
- Become an extremely helpful wealth of knowledge for other team members to query on the inner-workings of the game and engine.
- Be an expert at all implementation aspects of the game and engine, able to tackle any issue large or small.
- Track-down complicated logic issues and design effective solutions.
- Refactor prototypes into efficient and satisfying gameplay mechanics.
Ideally, you'll have...
- 5+ years’ experience in the games industry working as a designer, shipping at least one title.
- Experience with text-based scripting, visual scripting, and programming languages.
- Strong understanding of game engine tools and pipelines such as UE4, Unity, Maya, etc.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude and passion about the play experience, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games.
- Confidence you can solve any problem.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.