Senior Software Engineer Game AI
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, California, United States. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Redwood City, California, United States. Austin, Texas, United States. Illinois, United States.
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
- Take features from start to finish, working on any related parts necessary and work with design, animation and engineering teams.
- Report to the engineering lead.
- Architect code to make AI that seems smart, and is fun to kill or otherwise work with.
- Maintain knowledge of AI systems to support designers, animators, and other engineers.
- Write code in C/C++ and other appropriate languages.
- Work on non-AI tasks when needed.
- Maintain, and extend a code base and write new code from scratch.
- Experience with code/data and multithreading optimizations.
- 5+ years experience
- Excellent 3D Math skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- You enjoy making lifelike NPC's.
Other qualities we look for…
- Ability and desire to contribute to and improve all aspects of a game.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics or related degree.
- Strong game design experience.
- Desire to work on a title that takes place in a galaxy far far away.
- Willing to combat the evils of the empire.
- Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.