Senior Rendering Software Engineer (Apex Legends) - C++
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create creative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
Respawn is looking for Senior Rendering Engineers to push next-gen platforms and the PC to their limits on Apex Legends. You are someone that eats shaders for breakfast, and you are happy working with CPU and GPU profilers (such as PIX, Razor and Renderdoc) and you enjoy optimizing both whilst maintaining or improving visual fidelity. You are a life-long learner, keeping up with the latest rendering techniques and research papers, and you can work closely with the art team to help them realize their artistic vision.
What you’ll do...
- Write C/C++ code, with a deep mid to senior level Graphics knowledge.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to design systems and make something great.
- Proactively identify and deal with issues before they blow up.
Ideally, you'll have…
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills.
- Interest in all parts of the codebase, and making really solid Graphics.
- Console programming experience on a AAA game.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and you have the ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Minimum four years professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
- CS degree preferred.
Other qualities we look for…
- Ability and desire to contribute towards and improve all aspects of a game.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
- Strong game design experience..
- Passion for games.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.