(Closed) Senior Program Director - External Development
We’re looking for a Senior Program Director who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players by overseeing External Development efforts in support of our studio. We’re picturing an experienced Director-level product development manager with a deep understanding of game development processes and best practices, who can leverage appropriate resources, facilitate external and internal dependencies, mitigate risks, and help us hit our development goals.
The Senior Program Director manages and oversees external teams tasked with developing whole or in part, key deliverables in accordance with the Respawn Studio portfolio. Your role will be to identify and manage external partners. You will ensure that teams are on-boarded successfully, and that effective communication and creative processes are in place to facilitate on-time delivery, on-budget and to the exacting quality standards of the studio.
For each separate engagement you will be responsible for (but not limited to) suitability vetting, schedule tracking, verifying staffing plans, budgets, travel arrangements and onsite training needs. You will be expected to maintain detailed risk-registers, metric reporting and communication plans.
You will be an outstanding relationship builder and will have a mix of business, technical, and managerial experience of HD and Live Service development.
You will report to the Head of Technology for Respawn.
- Build partnerships including establishing trust and credibility with Respawn and Vendor studios.
- Develop process improvements and apply them to increase effectiveness.
- Communicate with multiple project teams and coordinate requirements with respect to external partner dependencies.
- Drive collaboration with other Ex Dev team members and Content teams such as Global Resourcing, Business Operations Ex-Dev and EA Create.
- Identify and manage risks through regular interactions with partner teams and internal teams to seek to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Deliver up-to-date metrics related to performance, dependencies and state-of-dev up-to the leadership team.
- Formulate risk mitigation strategies with senior management on the respective internal studio teams.
- Drive adoption of the best tools, review practices and collaborative relationships between internal stakeholders and external teams.
- Qualify and quantify schedules and associated costs, managing both in-line with contractual agreements and scope v quality assessment.
- Manage interactions with wider EA Teams on behalf of the partner teams, to successfully deliver per project briefs.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of operations and leadership experience in a AAA Game development environment.
- Strong background working as part of an internal team and with a wealth of knowledge working with external teams.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of partners.
- Experience of preparing and presenting status/analyses/recommendations to the leadership team.
- Proficient change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity, yet able to set priorities and deliver on commitments.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits!