Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Apex Legends is looking for a creative Senior Level Designer to help shape the future of our multiplayer maps. You'll work on designing levels and map updates from early blockouts through to release.
If you have experience developing multiplayer maps for shooters and you are familiar with the battle royale genre, we are looking for you!
What You'll Do…
- Work closely with the dev team to develop the vision for your map.
- Be the vision holder of your map and drive it from initial concept to ship.
- Align and collaborate with multiple disciplines and departments on the dev team.
- Analyze existing maps and bring solutions to problem spaces through updates.
- Ensure a high quality release by bug fixing, balancing, and polishing your map.
- Pitch ideas, give feedback, and work with the team to make Apex the best it can be!
Ideally, you will also have…
- 3+ years professional experience as a level designer. Ideally, within the multiplayer shooter genre.
- Some experience with using text-based scripting languages.
- Ability to block out maps quickly, gather feedback, and iterate rapidly.
- Good sense for game feel and map flow.
- Strong understanding of level design theory and philosophies.
- Familiarity with the Battle Royale genre.
- The ability to self-assess risk, time, and scope to meet expected live service deliverables.
About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.