Senior Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Senior Game Designer - Apex Legends Mobile
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
As a Senior Game Designer reporting to the Game Design Director, you will create content and features, ensuring your work aligns with our business and design goals with unwavering attention to theme, quality, and the needs of our players. You have experience working on a live, mobile game, with preference being given to those with experience working on Action or Shooter projects. You will demonstrate an understanding of games and player compulsion, and will be well-versed in games of all types and genres.
You are a die-hard advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality, thematic content and features. You are curious, creative, collaborative, and have a preference for using telemetry to validate your design thinking. Additionally, you are an advocate of design culture and thinking who excels in a diverse environment.
We've also developed a strong work-from-home process and are sensitive to the safety and well-being of our team. This opens up new opportunities, at least in the short-term, for employees to work remotely.
- Play the game and become an expert of the game.
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players.
- Create IP-correct characters, events, and mechanics.
- Develop ideas for content, gameplay, and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure your content and features are delivered to the highest quality.
- Work within existing systems and expand on them, including integrating feedback from user experience testing.
- Take part in playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
- Create and maintain design templates.
- Guide change through research and live data.
- Prototype design ideas in-game and iterate through playtesting.
- Have 4+ years of game design experience.
- Are an active player of mobile Battle Royale games.
- Experience working on a mobile F2P game or other similar live game.
- Experience with metagame design, social gameplay, and endgame activities highly desirable.
- At least 1 shipped title.
- Current on industry trends including: new game genres, and new game design methods.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, wikis (e.g., Confluence), and wireframing (e.g., Balsamiq, Adobe XD) advantageous.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.