Senior Environment Artist - Star Wars Team
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We're looking for a highly-skilled and experienced Senior Environment Artist who will embrace our philosophy and share his/her hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who is passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, highly detailed in-game environments and props.
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and can be remote. Relocation is neither required nor offered for this position.**
What you’ll do...
- Bring life and excitement to the game through your design and implementation of high quality, believable 3D environments and assets.
- Create highly detailed and realistic textures/materials.
- Work closely with designers and art leads to ensure that environments and assets match quality bar and vision for the game.
- Ensure that art assets are performant, and fit within their memory budgets. Fix bugs as needed.
- Conduct research for reference material, participate in photo shoots and help build texture library.
- Follow schedule and deliver assets on time.
Ideally, you'll have...
- 5+ years’ experience as a 3D Artist.
- Portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and variety of subject matter (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.) Portfolio should show quality, taste, and ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Shipped AAA game(s) a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.