Quality Designer (Star Wars FPS Team)
Respawn Entertainment is an Oscar winning AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You are passionate about making high-quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals. You are experienced in game development, passionate and eager about quality, and use technology and data to protect the player experience.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
As a Quality Designer, you will report to the QA Manager and will be focused on ensuring project deliverables are completed on time through active participation in test strategy analysis and processes while maintaining EA's high standard of end-to-end quality. You will focus on improving the operational efficiency of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies.
- Partner with Production to establish the qualitative strategy for the title(s) and to validate feature quality.
- Coordinate multiple work streams.
- Partner with Quality Engineering team help identify technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Identify and report risks to the project.
- Collaborate and promote best practices across the quality organization.
- Lead QA team to help strategize and solve complex test problems
- 5 years experience as a QA analyst/feature owner.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service.
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model.
- Experience coordinating tasks with partners from off-site studios.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development.
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.