Quality Designer - External Development (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
Respawn is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA and external development groups, you will ensure Respawn's existing quality standards are applied and upheld on all platforms and environments Apex Legends is available on. You will work with partners to determine the product differences from the platform experiences, create new test strategies based on those findings, and ensure that the final shipping versions align with the visions of those development partners.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager.
- QA representative for external development relating to testing new platforms within the Apex franchise.
- Work directly with Production members to ensure that development requirements are understood.
- Report on the progress of testing until the release is complete.
- Work with other team members to increase awareness of testability, communicate ongoing findings from test execution, and escalates risks to the final product as they emerge.
- Expected to attend regular meetings, vocalize status to partner groups. Understand how to navigate conflict and message based on context and audience.
- Partner with representatives from off-site studios.
- Interpret and use data visualizations to provide relevant insights.
- Use data to construct a cohesive and consumable summary for senior team members.
- Understand how to evaluate the state of the product by ongoing exploration and experimentation.
- 3 years of experience as a game analyst/feature owner in software development
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
- Experience with software development process and milestones/deadlines
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Proficient in development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.