Live Development Director (Apex Legends Mobile)
Live Development Director / QA Manager (Apex Legends Mobile)
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact on gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise.
We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
We’re looking for an accomplished Development Director / QA Manager to join our Mobile team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making high quality great games in a collaborative environment with a team of experienced professionals.
We’re picturing someone who is experienced in mobile game development, passionate about quality and eager to maintain and protect the live player experience. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume!
Development Directors are the owners for a product or major service/feature. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality. This entails scoping strategizing for all aspects of the QA business on the project, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities.
What The Development Director Will Achieve At EA
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanism, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge to internal and external teams.
- Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan while owning and driving the Live Pillar; defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
- Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors, and all development partners.
- Improve efficiency/effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
- Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
Does This Describe You?
- Multiple years of managerial experience with some of those managing leads or managers.
- Experience working with a dynamic live service or GasS on a large AAA title or fast pace mobile game.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and managing external teams.
- Previous experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have but not required.
- Understanding of server infrastructure, micro-transactions and testing methodologies would be ideal.